1. Searching the Library Catalog: Why bother with this tutorial?
Sometimes people waste a lot of time searching for what they need in the wrong place. Have you ever thought if you just started with a Google search you would get what you needed quickly, only to find that hours later you still have not quite put your fingers on what you really need? That problem often happens when people are not searching in the right place or when they don't know how to make good use of the search tool they are using.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- When you should use the catalog
- How the catalog compares to other tools
- The strategies to get the exact content you need
- How to access the materials the catalog finds
- How to save time by exporting information from catalog into RefWorks
Previous | Tutorial Home | Next