1. Getting Started on the Web > Overview - Key Ideas
Begin the tutorial by clicking the first
in the list below. Move through the tutorial by following the links at the bottom of each page. Use the
(when present) to see all information on a page.
- Web Vocabulary: Web pages have unique addresses (URLs) that are used to construct hyperlinks between pages.
- About Hyperlinks: Links are usually underlined, but sometimes you must look for clues to locate them on a page.
- Making Connections: Connect to other Web pages either by clicking on existing hyperlinks or by typing the page's URL.
- Browser Basics: Web browsers offer several ways to perform important actions -- buttons on the browser toolbar or options available from drop-down menus. They also have features to let you know when the Web page is completely loaded. You can have several browser windows open at the same time.
- Solving Common Problems: How to deal with error messages, pages that won't go away, and more.
| Tutorial Home | Next