In this game, you will be ranking searches based upon
how well they cover a topic. You may make the following assumptions:
- ( ) may be used for grouping
- " " may be used for phrase searching
- ? may be used as a single-character wildcard
- * may be used for multi-character truncation
A reminder on searches:
- Think of alternate terms
- Use major concept terms
- Don't use terms that aren't major concepts
- Properly use Boolean operators, phrase searching,
grouping, and wildcards/truncation
- Rank the searches from worst to best. A
bad search is one that has problems with its format. The others
are ranked according to how thoroughly the search covers your topic - in
other words, how many items on topic they should get.
- When done ranking the searches, click on Check.
It will tell you how many you got right - you may need to try again.
- If you have everything right. click on NEXT
on the black menu to move to the next item. Click on Home to
return to this page.
Now get started!